Tritium is a Brisbane-based technology company whose mission is to offer energy freedom. We do this as a world-leading developer of electric vehicle charging infrastructure that enables the acceptance and growth of e-mobility. Our vision is that through the uptake of e-mobility we can help deliver cleaner, healthy and more convenient cities. Tritium is experiencing rapid growth with revenue doubling year-on-year, and employs over 250 people through its offices in Brisbane, Los Angeles and Amsterdam.
The Module Leader (ML) manages the technical and commercial aspects of programme delivery for the commodities he is responsible for. His/her fundamental remit is the definition, creation and delivery of systems, sub-systems and components within his/her respective areas.
The Module Leader acts as the “CEO” of the Commodities they own. This includes to optimization of the commodities holistically in terms of interfaces with e.g. system integrators, suppliers, manufacturing, Quality, ETS, Supply Chain, Validation and Certification, Service and Customer Experience and making sure that the same commodities can be used in a wide range of different products.
The Module Leader creates a cross functional working level partnership, which is crucial in creating a ‘synergy’ in which the customer’s perception of the entire charger is greater than the sum of its individual subsystems and features.
The Module Leader role requires a candidate who has a deep and broad experience of working in complex Engineering Programmes across the functional boundaries of technical disciplines / commodity groups, in an environment with often competing deliverables / priorities / levels of ambiguity.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Module Leader - HMI, UI, Lighting Electronics will:
- Oversee the decision making associated with strategic technical architecture decisions that influence the commodity core platform.
- Ultimately responsible for all Electronics hardware and firmware solutions that form part of Tritium’s product portfolio and delivering on Commodity strategy from concept through to implementation and through to design release.
- Deliver electronics technology for a best in class User Experience with re-use in mind across multiple platforms and standardize components where feasible.
- Lead the design of electronic circuits and systems for stated commodities. Develop standards and best practices for electronic development related to the commodity groups.
- Mentor and guide Design Release Engineers to deliver high standards of systems, sub-systems and components at each stage of key milestones. This includes interfaces to system integrators, suppliers, manufacturing, Quality, Engineering Technical Services, Supply Chain, Validation and Certification, Service and Customer Experience.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends in HMI, UI, Remote Monitoring, Measurements, Signal and data management.
- Analyse technology research at the early stages of new product development by means of virtual builds and virtual assessments/simulation and assess against technical target attributes, form factor, fit for purpose as well as DFM & DFA requirements.
- Ensure Commodity Engineering Releases meet Programme Development roadmaps
- Ensure a Development Strategy is followed that is focused on Design for Functionality, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly and Design to Costs
- Lead through full product development lifecycle – concept, validate via virtual methods, prototype build and validation through to full productionisation.
- Actively engage with key internal and external stakeholders to understand the business strategy, know the business domain, actively identify impacts and ensure they are highlighted within the project
- Support the Product Management Teams by adding technical excellence to proposals and presentations; managing the interface between the ‘Customer’ and Engineering and other internal interfaces.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in product development across the full development lifecycle. You will will have experience across the following:
- Degree Qualified in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or a related technology qualification.
- Hands on experience in Electronics Product Development covering the entire development process from concept finding to mass production.
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements; identify business risks, determine mitigation and/or resolution requirements.
- Experienced in using functional analysis methodologies to define product requirements and specifications.
- Experienced in developing Schematic & PCB layouts with Altium Designer.
- Experienced with circuit simulation and measurement tools.
- Experienced in firmware design on various microprocessors with focus on reliability, performance, security and standardization.
- Detailed knowledge of communication interfaces and data processing algorithms.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Solid experience working within a Cross Multi Functional team environment.
- Detail oriented, flexible with strong organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills, self-discipline, priority setting and achievement of objectives.
- To effectively communicate information which includes excellent writing skills using correct grammar and spelling and the ability to succinctly explain complex information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues and clients to resolve issues and meet agreed outcomes.
If you are excited by the prospect of the challenges related to growth, love strategy but equally enjoy rolling up your sleeves, we want to hear from you.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.
All unsolicited and third party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.