Due to ongoing growth, we are looking for an Operations Manager to assist the General Manager but also to be autonomous in areas such as project management, safety, staff management, operations, forecasting, and supply chain.
Reporting to the GM, this position is responsible for the successful completion of projects through excellence in operations of the company to achieve both the objectives of on-time delivery, client satisfaction including safe practices and effective procedures.
Ideally, you have experience from a modular construction environment or modular solutions projects and have managed construction projects, but a background will be considered from the construction, large/multiple project management space.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Operations Manager will:
To be successful in this role you will have experience as an Operations Manager role within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- Provide leadership and clarity of direction to operational staff and monitor progress through KPI’s, problem-solving and face-to-face feedback.
- Oversee and monitor manufacturing and distribution activities in close contact and liaison with the Workshop Manager/Foreman; reviewing production schedules and orders to make immediate, short term and long-term inventory and labour decisions
- Utilise LEAN methodology to improve process flow, efficiency, and quality outcomes to a production environment; demonstrating experience in metal/engineering fields to provide a strong base to problem solve, provide direction, and innovate for continuous improvement in the production processes.
- Manage projects and strategic initiatives supporting business objectives.
- Oversee and manage projects, including identification of risks, variations, budgets, supplier relations, and project delivery; ensure project outputs are delivered on schedule, to budget and that they meet relevant quality standards.
- Identify potential areas of improvement and make recommendations that will increase efficiency, design, customer satisfaction, and profit margins.
- Performing a clear 2IC position, covering the business & understanding: Product sourcing, profitable quoting, management of teams in construction & install as well as manufacturing and future designs and innovation.
- Project management in completing and delivering the projects.
- Staff Management - set and review KPI’s for each person within the company operations and measure performance and develop actionable steps to close the performance gaps.
- Compliance - manage the work performance of operations staff to ensure compliance with the company policies, procedures, position descriptions, and OHS/SMS.
- Tertiary or higher-level qualification in Construction Management and possibly Diploma in Management.
- Experience in a similar role, involving Operations Management in manufacturing or construction.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to effectively communicate with and manage people, ensuring a performance culture is established which focuses on continuous improvement.
- Advanced commercial and business acumen coupled with a Founders Mindset.
- Knowledge of raw steel materials, production processes, quality control, cost, production, and machinery.
- High level of understanding and application of OH&S requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve complex issues and apply creative and practical solutions.
- Strong communication skills; including high-level report writing, written and verbal communication skills, and effective negotiating skills.
- Experience in structural steel projects - across estimation, fabrication, on-site installation, and sub-contractor management will be highly regarded.
- A proven ability to successfully manage diverse teams in multiple locations.
- An understanding of financial reports with a proven ability to focus on managing and reducing costs to improve profitability.
- Demonstrated behaviours in support of company values of Teamwork, Care, Ownership, Respect, and Excellence.
If you are seeking a genuine opportunity to make a difference, to drive Operations and Business outcomes and with the leadership team architect the new stage for this company then please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.