A key focus for this position is to drive economic development outcomes by supporting the establishment of intersectoral relationships across the city and region to ensure the successful delivery of an innovation agenda.
The Program Lead is responsible for managing Innovation and projects and/or initiatives at the strategic level. The program of work will have an external focus and aims to achieve economic development outcomes.
- Actively identify, attract, manage and deliver business investment and growth opportunities (both organic and new).
- Build an integrated service delivery model between the public sector and industry.
- Identify and develop potential corporate partners to deliver economic outcomes.
- Review regular progress reports and make adjustments to align the project with broader outcome goals.
- Work with relevant stakeholders and suppliers in the design and delivery of innovation, entrepreneurial and business development capability programs.
- Recruit, engage and manage external consultants through the project lifecycle.
To be successful you will have experience across the following:
- Have Demonstrated skills in commercial, business, investment attraction, industry and economic development.
- Commercial and business acumen including control and monitoring of performance-based outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills including the effective engagement and management of internal and external stakeholder relationships (essential).
- Broad range of specialist skills in several areas including leadership, engagement, collaboration, project management, business analysis, change management and strategic planning.
- Strong consultation, facilitation and negotiation skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, contractors and external service providers.
- High level analytical skills and demonstrated experience solving complex problems requiring strategic thought and independent judgement.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write business plans and proposals.