OnTalent is delighted to partner with Ipswich City Council to recruit four new and exciting roles in the People and Culture Division. The newly created position of Organisational Capability and Projects Manager will partner with senior organisational leaders and people and culture peers to enhance Ipswich City Council’s culture and organisational capability. This role will lead and develop the Organisational Capability Section to design and deliver effective Learning and Organisational Development strategies and programs for council.
Reporting to the newly appointed People and Culture Manager, the key responsibilities include:
- Provide high level, integrated, strategic direction and leadership in the overall planning, implementation, monitoring and change of the Organisational Culture across Ipswich City Council.
- Manage professional/personal development and compliance training schedules, including liaising with internal and external providers to develop opportunities for all staff, aligning the training offered with Council’s strategic plans, the People and Culture Strategy and the Learning and Development Strategy.
- Evaluate the ongoing use of appropriate Organisational Culture, Organisational Climate and Staff Satisfaction/Engagement Surveys.
- Develop, implement and manage a framework ensuring that the information obtained through the above surveys are considered, evaluated and acted on in the appropriate way to enhance the Organisational Culture across Ipswich City Council.
- Develop and implement an immersive leadership development program for Ipswich City Council that aligns to the Corporate Values and builds consistency throughout leadership levels and maximises career development and succession planning opportunities.
- Develop and implement a Performance Review framework and system that promotes; a balance between outcomes and behaviours, clear goal setting, everyday feedback and coaching, regular one on one discussions and celebration of achievements.
- Effectively lead, motivate and manage a team of HR professionals to foster the development of a collaborative, high performing, client-focused team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an organisational approach to change management.
- Manage and forecast the Learning and Organisational Development budget to meet agreed deliverables.
- Work with the broader People and Culture team and Business Leaders to proactively manage and develop internal talent.
To be considered you will demonstrate:
- High level managerial and leadership skills at a senior level in an environment of rapid change to interpret and apply professional standards and practices, often across more than one discipline.
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in developing an organisational development framework to enhance organisational capability through the effective development of skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (verbal and written), negotiation and consultation skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers, key stakeholders and customers.
- Extensive knowledge of corporate and business planning, including the development of goals, strategies, deliverables and outcome measures, as well as the determination of product and service requirements, projects, service level expectations and key performance indicators.
- Experience in managing and leading learning and organisational development teams, associated budgets and reporting on outcomes.
- Formal qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or proven experience within the desired areas.
This is a fabulous opportunity for an experienced organisational development and capability expert who thrives on managing projects of this nature. Confidential enquiries can be made to Robyn Titmus, Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associated Client Partner on 07 3305 5800.
To be considered, please submit your resume and one to two page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.