Reporting to the Financial Controller you work within the Finance team to support, supervise and train the team to deliver efficient end-to-end payroll services across the organisation. You will be a professional who embrace’s change, growth and continuous improvement.
You will be able to work independently and manage and process in accordance with employee contracts, awards and policy and procedures and manage all payroll and ad-hoc payments, superannuation, salary packaging and taxation. The requirement to develop and prepare payroll reporting, review payroll best practices and advise HR and business units on current HR and IR issues will be key accountabilities in this role.
Also, the ability to identify and continually look for ways improve processes and address and mitigate risks using your strong commercial acumen will be highly regarded. Previous project experience implementing a new payroll system is favourable also.
Essential skills and background to be successful include:
- At least 5 years experience managing a payroll function
- Ability to work independently, autonomously and collaboratively
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Community sector experience ie; SCHADS awards
- Essential experience using the Aurion payroll system
- Advanced Microsoft competency
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Consistent and high level of accuracy and time management skills