As one of the largest councils in Australia, Logan City Council offers a working environment that recognises innovation, creativity and teamwork and encourages personal and professional development. Their goal is to be an organisation where their staff pursue excellence in all that they do with high levels of job satisfaction.
This is a fabulous opportunity to lead and manage the People and Culture Branch which provides services to the organisation through five teams:
- Human Resource Business Partner Program
- Human Resource Information Systems Team
- Workforce Relations Program
- Organisational Development Program
- Health and Safety Program
The Position of People and Culture Manager will enable the connection between Council’s desired culture and employees to enable them to effectively deliver on their purpose. Key responsibilities will be:
- To manage the implementation of The People Plan
- To ensure that contemporary human resource practices and processes are implemented, reviewed and updated in accordance with advances in the marketplace
- To enhance the People and Culture Branch aligns with Council and community values
To be considered you will possess knowledge of and experience across the following: Contemporary Human Resource strategies and practices, Workplace Health and Safety, Workforce Planning, Organisational Development and Training, Industrial Relations, Employee Relations, Remuneration Strategy and Human Resource Management Systems.
Consideration will be given to candidates who have a demonstrated ability in:
- Strategic Leadership – leading organisational change in a large, complex organisation (1000 employees+) to enable effective people strategies through a multi-disciplinary team, delivering quality outcomes
- Technical Expertise – developing and implementing strategies and providing advice on the full range of HR activities as an knowledgeable advisor
- Communication – operating as an expert who can translate complex information into simple concepts to facilitate stakeholder understanding, build and maintain collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and providing professional representation at industry forums
This is a senior management position within council and candidates will require skills comprising high level engagement, communication and negotiation skills within a multi-stakeholder environment, demonstrated achievements in change management, quality leadership, integrity and personal management skills and an ability to present ideas, thoughts and concepts to individuals and groups in both oral and written form.
A Degree in Human Resources or related disciplines or equivalent knowledge gained through extensive experience. Eligibility for chartered membership of the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) would be an advantage.
For a confidential discussion or to request a Success Profile contact Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associate Client Partner at OnTalent on 07 3305 5800.
To be considered, please submit your resume and two page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.