Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) has been a trusted leader in tertiary admissions for over 40 years, providing a one-stop shop for 16 higher education providers in Queensland and northern New South Wales for undergraduate and postgraduate admissions.
QTAC administers and delivers the Defence Industry Internship Program (DIIP), enabling undergraduate students nearing the end of their degree to undertake a paid 12-week internship. This program provides students with an opportunity to gain relevant work experience with small and medium enterprises which provide goods and services to the Australian Department of Defence.
OnTalent is delighted to partner with QTAC to source candidates for an integral and exciting position as DIIP Liaison Officer. Along with the DIIP Coordinator, this role assesses, interviews and matches students to internship opportunities with SMEs. This role liaises with the students and the SMEs during placement to ensure all internship goals are achieved.
This is a relationship building role with a key focus on the customer experience and stakeholder relationships. To be considered, we are seeking candidates with:
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and productive relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in assessing applications, conducting interviews and aligning applicants with internship opportunities (or similar entry level roles)
- Experience undertaking WHS assessments of SME work environments (a certificate III or IV in WHS is highly desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrated by active listening and clear and structured communication
- Ability to identify issues and risks and escalate appropriately
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the program and processes.
The role may require:
- Extensive interstate and intra-state travel by car and air.
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours, including weeknights and weekends.
For a confidential discussion or to request a success profile, contact Robyn Walker or Courtney Chambers on 07 3305 5800.
To be considered, please submit your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the "apply now" function.
Applications close 5:00 pm, Thursday 10 June 2021.