Following the recent merger of these companies, we are now focused upon commercialising our dedicated compact MRI systems to bring high-quality imaging closer to the patient point-of-care. With a strong pedigree in MRI and NMR sub-system development and supply, trading as Magnetica, we have created a company with compelling IP and a broad technical team, to deliver diagnostic imaging systems and sub-systems to clinicians.
With proven capabilities in R&D, product commercialisation, manufacturing and supply, the company is at a stage of growth and opportunity to provide a unique integrated product offering in the MedTech sector. We are looking for a motivated and detail orientated person to join our team on a permanent basis, based in the Brisbane office.
As part of the Production team, the RF Technician will be responsible for the testing, troubleshooting and the repair of electronic assemblies and test equipment by aligning, testing, and troubleshooting down to the component level all types of digital, analog, and RF circuitry.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the RF Technician will:
- Provide direct engineering design support, implementation, documentation, and testing effort to RF coil development projects assigned.
- Assemble, tune and repair MR coils.
- Test, and repair electronic assemblies and equipment by aligning, testing, and troubleshooting down to the component level all types of digital, analog, and RF circuitry.
- Provided technical support in implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting existing products related to medical imaging.
- Set up and operate all types of standard and special purpose test equipment and computer-controlled equipment.
- Disassemble and reassemble production assemblies and equipment and inspect components for defects.
- Maintain legible records of daily tasks and test data, and log data into a computer database.
- Troubleshoot and repair MRI radio-frequency coils.
- Evaluate products at component level as well as for functionality performance using network/spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, function generators and multimeters.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams in creating new test fixtures to accommodate equipment repair needs and assist engineers in formulating test procedures and evaluating prototype circuitry and production failure trends.
- Provide assistance to Production to diagnose and repair complex RF problems.
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, or other related discipline with a Manufacturing or Process Engineering emphasis.
- Prior bench technician experience with an emphasis on component level troubleshooting preferred.
- Testing and fixing RF circuits, antennas, analog and digital circuits.
- Proficiency using these measurement devices (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, noise analyzer, multimeter, oscilloscopes, power supplies).
- Accuracy, attention to detail and completes tasks (a finisher).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven problem-solving ability and enjoys learning and applying new skills.
- Strong autonomous background and ability to self-manage time and tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Matt Weston on 07 3305 5820. Alternatively, to apply, submit your resume and a cover letter in Word format via the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.