Digital water metering has emerged as a leading IoT application and Australian utilities have been actively trialling technology and preparing for volume deployments.
Aquiba designs and manufactures high reliability long-life battery powered digital water meters with integrated Low Power Wide Area radio connectivity (LTE and ISM).
We are seeking a hands-on Senior Electronics Engineer to own the electronics/PCB design associated with the current meter platform, evaluate and integrate new LPWAN radio technologies and lead the development of next generation of product technology.
This position will appeal to you if you are passionate about great electronics design and seeking a challenging role within an expanding product development team. You will be working with state of the art embedded hardware, radios and sensor technology. This position is based in our well-appointed facility in Brisbane (Northern suburbs).
- Benchmark and review existing designs to make then your own!
- Support new product development, major platform enhancements/re-engineering and integration of new radio technologies (LTE and ISM).
- Electronics design, schematic capture, PCB layout in Altium.
- CAM processing, PCB CAD component library development and maintenance.
- EMC/EMI/RMC test programs and compliance.
- Support contract electronics manufacturers and internal production teams to clarify design requirements, resolve product yield and quality issues and support root cause analysis.
- Support the specification and design of functional test equipment for hardware sub-systems.
- Analog design and layout:
- Low noise signal conditioning/acquisition.
- Ultra-low power design concepts.
- Battery management and characterization.
- EMI, EMC, ESD.
- Controlled impedance PCB Layout.
- Digital electronic design:
- Interface with microprocessors (ARM cortex M3) and peripherals.
- RF design:
- Radio integration and modulation concepts.
- Antenna design and characterisation.
- (Preferable) Antenna matching
- Design for manufacture and test (DFM and DFT).
- Electronics reliability concepts (MTBF, accelerated testing, manufacturing methods).
- Process and people focused.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical problem solver.
- Passionate about great product design.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Mechatronics.
- Experience working in a product development environment and taking design through prototype into volume manufacture.
- Experience advising on FMEA and DFMEA issues as well as addressing at early stage any EMC/EMI/RMC considerations.
- Exposure to some or all of:
- Precision measurement equipment
- Battery powered equipment
- High reliability equipment (Aerospace/Military/Automotive)
- Wireless equipment.
If you are excited by the prospect of a challenging development role in a fast-moving new product sector we want to hear from you.
To be considered please Apply with a resume and covering letter (in WORD format) Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner, on Ph: 07 3305 5830.