Aquiba designs and manufactures high reliability long-life battery powered digital water meters with integrated Low Power Wide Area radio connectivity (LTE and ISM).
We are seeking a Senior Embedded Software/Firmware Engineer to support the ongoing design and implement high-quality, optimised embedded applications and contribute to overall application and system design.
This position is based in Brisbane (Northern suburbs). This position will appeal to you if you are seeking a challenging role within an expanding product development team, working with state of the art embedded hardware, radios and sensor technology.
- Embedded firmware design and implementation
- Developing and testing new prototypes and functionality
- Collating requirements and creating clear design documentation
- Proactive contribution to product development process and systems
Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science discipline
- Impressive foundation in all areas of programming
- Fluent in C for embedded devices
- Exposure to bootloaders in assembler
- ARM processors (pref. Cortex M series)
- Real time operating systems
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Excellent design documentation and writing skills
- Excellent time management and task prioritisation
- Experience integrating cellular radios
- Exposure to communications protocols: UDP, MQTT, CoAP, LWM2M
- Optimisation for battery operation
- Serial protocols and digital/analogue peripherals
- Algorithm development and digital signal processing
- Ability to read schematics and use electronic test equipment
- High reliability design principles
If you are excited by the prospect of a challenging development role in a fast-moving new product sector we want to hear from you.
To be considered please Apply with a resume and covering letter (in WORD format) Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner, on Ph: 07 3305 5830.