OnTalent is delighted to work in partnership with Norfolk Island Regional Council to source a suitable candidate for the role of Senior Environmental Officer. Reporting to the Manager Planning and Environmental Services you will be play a key role in the implementation of the conservation, biodiversity and sustainability objectives for the Council while ensuring compliance with the relevant Acts, Regulations and policies.
Through your excellent stakeholder engagement abilities, you will maintain relationships within council, with commonwealth government departments, user groups, community groups and internal stakeholders to ensure overall collaboration in the delivery of actions in the Environment Strategy and Operational Plan.
The key responsibilities of this role will require you to:
- Implement and review relevant actions of council’s environmental strategic plan through the annual operational plan
- Actively contribute to council’s integrated planning and reporting framework, including budgets, fees and charges and capital works program for the branch
- Operational management of the branch and staff supervision
- Pest and noxious weeds management
- Development and updating of Plans of Management for public reserves
- Statutory positions in line with Norfolk Island Acts and Regulations
- Prepare Environmental Impact Statements for Council projects and assess EIS for development applications
- Project management
- Drive educational programs for the community relating to the activities within this area of responsibility
To be considered you will have a Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science or Natural Resource Management degree or an approved equivalent. A minimum of three years’ experience working in the field of environmental sustainability, environmental management or services, a current drivers licence (C class) and experience in a similar role in a local government environment would be highly regarded.
You will have a demonstrated knowledge of environmental assessment and services, a working knowledge of the management of pests and noxious weeds in a sensitive environment, supervision of a small team, experience in working with a variety of contractors and stakeholders, high level computer skills, strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills and a working knowledge of workplace health and safety.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone to enjoy the pleasures of this idyllic lifestyle and an attractive salary package including six weeks annual leave, leave loading and relocation support is being offered. Norfolk Island Regional Council is seeking a candidate with a desire for a lifestyle change through relocation to the island. Reasonable return-home allowance may be considered for outstanding candidates
Confidential enquiries or to request a Success Profile contact Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner or Leanne Nunan, Associate Client Partner at OnTalent, on (07) 3305 5800. To be considered, please submit a 1-2 page cover letter and resume (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
Closing Date is: COB Friday 26th March 2021
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.