Energy Queensland is the group of electricity distribution, retail and energy services businesses formed in 2016. The Group is 100% owned by the State of Queensland and energises communities from the Tweed River to Torres Strait and from Brisbane across to Birdsville.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, you will work closely with the internal audit team to manage a number of Annual Audit end-to-end programs across a diverse range of assets.
Your senior experience will drive a wide variety of commercial internal audits that include financial, operational and information technology audits and reviews of high complexity in accordance with GAAS and IIA.
You will provide expert and independent advice to the Audit Committee and the ELT regarding the business activities reviewed including discussions on audit observations and alternative courses of action that may be required to improve departmental performance and accountability.
To be successful you will have the following key experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualifications in a business field (Accounting, Economics or Finance preferred)
- Understanding of AIFRS accounting standards and applicable auditing standards
- Significant experience in a large scale audit role (potentially Big 4) that adopted a hands on approach to integrity and best practice.
Ideally you will also possess:
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
To be considered, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter (Word) by selecting the 'Apply Now' function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Dawn Peppin, Client Partner on 07 3305 5800.
NB. Previous applicants need not apply.