You will take responsibility to oversee and manage new products through their lifecycles, including development, qualification, transfer into production, production and end of life.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Senior Product Development Engineer will:
- Oversee and manage new products through their lifecycles, including development, qualification, transfer into production, production and end of life.
- Contribute to the planning, implementation and release of test solutions.
- Focus on test automation solution development/validation/qualification.
- Help ensure that new products are ready for volume manufacturing.
- Propose new ideas, concepts, and designs for continuous improvement in new product development, cost reduction and efforts towards creating efficient and reliable multi-generational products.
- Participate in risk management throughout the UV emitter products development cycle, anticipating issues and identifying and implementing solutions.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or Physics or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Product Engineering.
- Experience in and hands on knowledge with structured improvement techniques and associated tools - Statistical Engineering, JMP, Design Expert, DOE, and product yield management.
- Experience in optical characterization techniques.
- Experience in utilizing more than one Python, MATLAB, C/C+ and LabVIEW.
- Experience of product engineering in one or more of the following areas: assembly / test / reliability/ failure analysis for IC and/or optoelectronic components.
- Experience in optoelectronics assembly development including materials selection, process qualification and working at or dealing with major assembly and test suppliers.
- Experience in qualification of electronics/optoelectronic components/devices (JEDEC).
- Experience in using commercial PCB design software.
- Analytical skills and systematic/logic thinking.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong, hands-on individual contributor and good teamwork.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.