As part of the Electrical and Software team and part of the wider engineering division you will be deliver innovative, modular and maintainable software products.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Senior Software Engineer will:
- Instrumental in defining and developing innovative, modular and maintainable software/firmware products
- Take requirements to design software with re-use in mind across multiple platforms and standardising software modules where feasible
- Provide creative solutions when dealing with technology challenges
- Keep current with new and developing software technologies and assist in prototyping and determining the feasibility of implementing new technologies
- Participate as an active team member in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with the cross functional team to deliver high quality products
- Support actively the selection or development of hardware platforms for control and communication systems
- Analyse system specification and translate system requirements to task specifications
- Generate documentation to support testing and compliance certification activities
- Develop and grow the business reputation and always act promptly to up-hold the business reputation
- Work as a team member by assisting other areas of the business when required or as directed by any member of Senior Leadership Team
- Work within ISO9001 Quality standards
- Adhere to the Tritium WHS policy and procedures
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in the software development process. You will will have experience across the following:
- Degree qualified in computer science, software / electronics engineering or a related technology qualification
- Experience in software engineering, embedded system engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management.
- Strong experience in programming C/C++ for embedded systems, C++ for Linux
- Strong scripting or programming knowledge – Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash etc
- IoT experience – MQTT, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of CAN bus protocol
- Experience with Cryptography (TLS 1.2), TCP/UDP, x509 certificates management and Over the Air updates
- Experience with RTOS (FreeRTOS)
- Of interest would be any experience in firmware or software development (Embedded Linux or GUI development) to deliver fully working HMI/UI systems. Beneficial would be experience with Embedded Linux, C++, QML, Qt for GUI development. Any state machine experience, especially QtScxml would be ideal.
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Git (Github/BitBucket/etc)
- Experience with BitBucket Pipelines, Azure DevOps, Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and DevOps environments
- Stay current with state-of-the-art technologies, tools and techniques for automation, quality, and security as applied to software development
- Document designs, processes and procedures
- Process and people focused
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to consistently work to a high standard with minimal supervision; self-motivated
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.
All unsolicited and third party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.