From an operational and delivery perspective, the Senior Software Engineer will:
- Be responsible for the setup of the software build/development environment
- Take the lead and be the key architect for new software development, including the maintenance/continuous improvement of legacy software and championing the software roadmap
- Establish a software development environment that fosters an “ethical coding” approach
- Establish an Agile based development framework
- Setup of a software approach that adopts version control, define software builds and test environments
- Delivery of a strategy and solutions to ensure system security and privacy requirements are met at a software and networking level
- Drive the development of next-generation UI/HMI for the company’s product platform
- Undertake coding in LabVIEW and other languages as required to meet the required development outcomes and product release cycles
- Software Owner, responsible for the timely delivery of operational software, of suitable quality to comply with the regulatory requirements of medical devices.
To be successful in this role you will have experience as a Senior Software Engineer within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in the software architect for new products
- Experience in the development of software for complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in software build/development environments and knowledge of full SDLC
- Experience in product realisation of medical imaging devices, specifically in MRI systems, highly desirable.
- Experience in developing and maintaining full software roadmaps
- Experience in the security requirements of system software and privacy compliance for all data
- Experience in GUI/HMI software development
- Software experience should cover – C/C++, User Interface/HMI development with LabVIEW, HTML5, QT etc.
- Experience within a CI/CD, iterative development based environment
- Experience in taking ownership for, and championing moving forward, an existing code base for ongoing use
- Established ability to deliver products on-time that meet client expectations
- Established ability to deliver secure quality and performant code on-time
- Understanding the requirements of, and experience in working to comply with Quality Management Systems for medical devices (ISO 13485 and/or 21CFR820) and the underpinning harmonised standards for medical device software, for example, IEC 62304.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with technical and non-technical staff
- A team player that can also ensure individual workload is successfully delivered
- Proven problem-solving ability and enjoys learning and applying new skills
- Strong autonomous background and ability to self-manage time and tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Commercial acumen, resilience and a flexible approach to dealing with changing priorities and demands
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.