Following the recent merger of these companies, we are now focused upon commercialising our dedicated compact MRI systems to bring high-quality imaging closer to the patient point-of-care. With a strong pedigree in MRI and NMR sub-system development and supply, trading as Magnetica, we have created a company with compelling IP and a broad technical team, to deliver diagnostic imaging systems and sub-systems to clinicians.
With proven capabilities in R&D, product commercialisation, manufacturing and supply, the company is at a stage of growth and opportunity to provide a unique integrated product offering in the MedTech sector. We are looking for a motivated and detail orientated person to join our team on a permanent basis, based in either the Brisbane (Australia) or Abingdon (UK) offices.
As part of the Product Development team the Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, coding, maintaining software to drive MRI hardware, pre-processing and post-processing elements as well as contributing to an Agile based development framework.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Software Engineer will:
- Applies defined Software Development Life Cycle to deliver production ready code of high quality which satisfies all functional and non-functional requirements
- Designs, codes, tests and maintains deliverables of high complexity
- Communicates technical issues and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Estimates development schedules and determine project scope
- Creates code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain
- Authors and/or contributes to technical design documentation, release notes, bug fix documentation.
- Contributes and develops code within an Agile based development framework
- Delivery of a strategy and solutions to ensure system security and privacy requirements are met at a software and networking level
- Drive the development of next-generation UI/HMI for the companies product platform
- Be responsible for the setup of the software build/development environment
- Take the lead and key architect for new software development and legacy software
- Establish a software development environment that fosters an “ethical coding” approach
- Setup of a software approach that adopts version control, define software builds and test environments
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in software build/development environments and knowledge of full SDLC
- Experience in the full Software Development Lifecycle and Roadmaps
- Experience in the development of software for complex electro-mechanical systems
- Strong understanding of software development best practices, including multiple development methodologies (experience with Agile principles preferred)
- Experience in product realisation of medical imaging devices, specifically in MRI systems, highly desirable.
- Broad-based technical expertise including a strong understanding of programming and architecture concepts
- Experience in the security requirements of system software and privacy compliance for all data
- Experience in GUI/HMI software development
- Software experience should cover – C/C++, User Interface/HMI development with LabVIEW, HTML5, QT etc
- Experience within a CI/CD, iterative development based environment
- Established ability to deliver products on-time that meet client expectations
- Established ability to deliver secure quality and performance code on-time
- Ability to successfully collaborate with technical and non-technical staff
- A team player that can also ensure individual workload is successfully delivered
- Proven problem-solving ability and enjoys learning and applying new skills
- Strong autonomous background and ability to self-manage time and tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Commercial acumen, resilience and a flexible approach to dealing with changing priorities and demands