- Embedded C/C++, Linux, Firmware development
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Hi-reliability code, innovative and modular software
Tritium is a Brisbane-based technology company whose mission is to offer energy freedom. We do this as a world-leading developer of electric vehicle charging infrastructure that enables the acceptance and growth of e-mobility. Tritium is a fast-growing global company with offices in Brisbane, Los Angeles and Amsterdam.
As part of the Electrical and Software team and part of the wider engineering division you will be deliver software release engineering and support for the on-board systems/platform. The Software Development Engineer role requires a candidate who has a deep and broad experience of working in complex Engineering Programmes across the functional boundaries of technical disciplines / commodity groups, in an environment with often competing deliverables / priorities / levels of ambiguity.
From an operational and delivery perspective, Software Development Engineer will:
- Instrumental in defining and developing innovative, modular and maintainable software/firmware products under the leadership of Senior Software Engineers.
- Take requirements to design software with re-use in mind across multiple platforms and standardising software modules where feasible.
- Provide creative solutions when dealing with technology challenges.
- Participate as an active team member in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the cross functional team to deliver high quality products.
- Support actively the selection or development of hardware platforms for control and communication systems.
- Analyse system specification and translate system requirements to task specifications.
- Generate documentation to support testing and compliance certification activities.
- Develop and grow the business reputation and always act promptly to up-hold the business reputation.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in the Software Development process. You will have experience across the following:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related Degree.
- Experience in software engineering, embedded system engineering.
- Experience in programming C/C++ for embedded systems, C++ for Linux.
- Scripting or programming knowledges – Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash etc.
- IoT experience or keen interest – MQTT, HTTP, TCP/IP, CAN bus protocol.
- Experience with RTOS (FreeRTOS) is beneficial.
- Of interest would be any experience in firmware or software development (Embedded Linux or GUI development) to deliver HMI/UI systems. Beneficial would be experience with Embedded Linux, C++, QML, Qt for GUI development. Any state machine experience, especially QtScxml would be ideal.
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Git (Github/BitBucket/etc).
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and DevOps environments.
- Self-organised to provide documented solutions, and to follow processes and procedures.
- Willingness to learn from Senior Engineers while working hands-on.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to consistently work to a high standard; self-motivated.
- Strong personable skills that include the ability to develop internal stakeholder relationships as well as external relationships with industry bodies and partners.
- High energy levels to ensure successful project delivery or turnaround success.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- People and process focused.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.
All unsolicited and third party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.