As part of the Electrical and Software team and part of the wider engineering division you will be deliver software release engineering and support for the on-board systems/platform. The Software Development Engineer role requires a candidate who has a deep and broad experience of working in complex Engineering Programmes across the functional boundaries of technical disciplines / commodity groups, in an environment with often competing deliverables / priorities / levels of ambiguity.
From an operational and delivery perspective, Software Development Engineer will:
- Instrumental in defining and developing innovative, modular and maintainable software/firmware products under the leadership of Senior Software Engineers.
- Take requirements to design software with re-use in mind across multiple platforms and standardising software modules where feasible.
- Provide creative solutions when dealing with technology challenges.
- Participate as an active team member in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
- Collaborate with the cross functional team to deliver high quality products.
- Support actively the selection or development of hardware platforms for control and communication systems.
- Analyse system specification and translate system requirements to task specifications.
- Generate documentation to support testing and compliance certification activities.
- Develop and grow the business reputation and always act promptly to up-hold the business reputation.
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in the Software Development process. You will have experience across the following:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related Degree.
- Experience in software engineering, embedded system engineering.
- Experience in programming C/C++ for embedded systems, C++ for Linux.
- Scripting or programming knowledges – Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash etc.
- IoT experience or keen interest – MQTT, HTTP, TCP/IP, CAN bus protocol.
- Experience with RTOS (FreeRTOS) is beneficial.
- Of interest would be any experience in firmware or software development (Embedded Linux or GUI development) to deliver HMI/UI systems. Beneficial would be experience with Embedded Linux, C++, QML, Qt for GUI development. Any state machine experience, especially QtScxml would be ideal.
- Familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, Git (Github/BitBucket/etc).
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and DevOps environments.
- Self-organised to provide documented solutions, and to follow processes and procedures.
- Willingness to learn from Senior Engineers while working hands-on.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to consistently work to a high standard; self-motivated.
- Strong personable skills that include the ability to develop internal stakeholder relationships as well as external relationships with industry bodies and partners.
- High energy levels to ensure successful project delivery or turnaround success.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- People and process focused.
All unsolicited and third party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.