Magnetica is a medical device engineering and technology company specialising in the development and supply of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) systems, sub-systems and technologies. Headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, we have offices in Abingdon, near Oxford, UK (Scientific Magnetics Ltd) and Houston, USA (Tecmag, Inc.).
Following the recent merger of these companies, we are now focused upon commercialising our dedicated compact MRI systems to bring high-quality imaging closer to the patient point-of-care. With a strong pedigree in MRI and NMR sub-system development and supply, trading as Magnetica, we have created a company with compelling IP and a broad technical team, to deliver diagnostic imaging systems and sub-systems to clinicians.
With proven capabilities in R&D, product commercialisation, manufacturing and supply, the company is at a stage of growth and opportunity to provide a unique integrated product offering in the MedTech sector. We are looking for a motivated and detail orientated person to join our team on a permanent basis, based in either the Brisbane (Australia) or Abingdon (UK) offices.
As part of the Product Development team, the Systems Engineer will take responsibility for all Systems Engineering requirements and will take a holistic approach with the spectrometer, magnet, control hardware/software, RF, gradient hardware, patient handling as well as other key modules/components that will comprise part of Magnetica’s products.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Systems Engineer will:
- Championing systems engineering across the organisation
- Requirements management for all projects, including capture and decomposition of requirements
- Perform formal and informal system modelling
- Participate in internal and external project reviews
- Ensure overall compliance with program technical quality and safety requirements
- Ensure effective testing, verification and validation
- Be responsible for engineering projects from concept through to completion – conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs and other relevant standards as part of defined projects
- Delivery of a strategy and solutions to ensure system security and privacy requirements are met at a software and networking level
- Conduct formal design review meetings, including preparation of presentation material
- Architecture of complex systems including both hardware and software capabilities
- Participate in the generation of formal bids and proposals
- DFM, DFA, DFT and DFC analysis and liaison with the design team
To be successful in this role you will have experience as an Systems Engineer role within a similar company. You will have experience across the following:
- You will hold a degree in Engineering; Electronics, Communications, Systems Engineering, IT, Electrical Software, or a related discipline
- Product development lifecycle experience in Electro-Mechanical or similar products
- Approachable personality with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated history of delivering high quality work, on-time, and to specifications
- Demonstrated working experience in a similar role within Systems Engineering covering the entire lifecycle
- Experience in product realisation of medical imaging devices, specifically in MRI systems, highly desirable.
- Experience in the security requirements of system software and privacy compliance for all data
- Experience with requirements management tools, well-rounded experience with requirements management and using tools such as DOORS
- Experience with systems architecture tools
- Knowledge of model based systems engineering, systems modelling SysML
- Understanding the requirements of, and experience in working to comply with, ISO 13485 and/or 21CFR820 with respect to product realisation, through design, development, integration, verification, validation, installation and servicing activities
- Understanding the requirements of, and experience in working to comply with, applicable harmonised standards for medical devices, e.g: IEC 60601
- Ability to successfully collaborate with technical and non-technical staff
- A team player that can also ensure individual workload is successfully delivered
- Proven problem-solving ability and enjoys learning and applying new skills
- Strong autonomous background and ability to self-manage time and tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Commercial acumen, resilience and a flexible approach to dealing with changing priorities and demands
To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter (outlining your core capability for the role, demonstrated experience of how you have delivered outcomes and why this role is of interest) both in Word format by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.