The Technical Manager will be the key lead in facilitating the implementation of approved process improvements and for providing general planning and leadership support to the General Manager Production.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Technical Manager will be responsible:
- The management of the front-line operational teams to ensure maximised product throughput in a safe and efficient manner whilst optimising by-products to meet logistics teams needs at the Dalby Bio-Refinery.
- The maintenance of an effective quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) system.
- The management of production and quality R&D.
- Providing technical guidance on all process and QA/QC matters.
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement in the production and laboratory teams.
- Ensuring operational teams identify plant defects and work with the Maintenance team to ensure issues are addressed in an efficient manner based on appropriate priorities.
- Provide technical guidance on process and operational targets to optimise factory performance. Ensure production team is troubleshooting process issues, operating incidents, or non-conformances.
- Cover key functional tasks of General Manager Production in their absence.
- Compliance with relevant business codes of conduct, statutory acts and regulations.
- Participate in Safety, Health and Environmental programs, & HSE meetings and implement recommendations as designated.
- Lead the production technical support for production improvement projects that focus on reducing operating costs or improving efficiencies and plant reliability.
- Assist production teams with diagnosing and troubleshooting maintenance related issues.
- Facilitate the effective communication between production and maintenance staff to coordinate maintenance work in process areas.
- Degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science, or equivalent.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing plant or related process facility.
- Operational managerial experience or high-level supervisory positions.
- Experience working in QA/QC programs or managing laboratory teams and working knowledge of advanced laboratory equipment (e.g. HPLC, GC).
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment and operation, and process plant operation, including water treatment systems.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Knowledge about Safety and Safety systems in an industrial operational environment.
- The ability to work well with others and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate across a broad range of technical disciplines.
- Flexible and willing to undertake a wide range of duties in the course of daily business for our small organisation.
- Strategic thinker.
- Attention to detail.
- Of interest would be knowledge of yeast propagation, fermentation and distillation as they relate to the ethanol production process.
- Experience with implementing effective QA/QC programs.
- A sense of urgency as needed to operate effectively in the production environment.
- Well-organised & able to delegate effectively.
- Self-motivated with drive and commitment to finish the job.
All unsolicited and third-party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.
OnTalent will be closed for the Christmas period from Monday 23 December 2019 until Monday 6 January 2020. All applications made during this time will be reviewed upon our return.