Reporting to the COO, we are seeking a Technical Procurement Engineer relevant experience in product development or the manufacturing industry. You will be part of the Engineering team whose role it is to continuously improve the company’s energy storage products. The successful applicant will enjoy being part of a company taking Australian technology to the world.
As a Technical Procurement Engineer with this company you will be the point of contact for suppliers engaged in new products. You will be responsible for working with the company’s New Product Development (NPD) team to establish integration of key suppliers into the NPD and Existing Product Engineering (EPE) activities.
This position will be the point of contact for new products and some selective existing products actively engaging with the NPD and other Engineering Teams to facilitate early supplier involvement during new product introduction. Identify supplier innovation procurement direction to the engineering teams to support opportunities for lower total cost. You will proactively seek new technologies and offer these technologies as solutions where appropriate and participate to qualify and develop suppliers in accordance with the sourcing strategy.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Technical Procurement Engineer will be responsible for:
- ESI – Early Supplier Involvement – liaison with internal engineering/R&D teams ensuring early stage capture of new products/product modification requirements and early stage supplier involvement
- Support move to higher volume production as well as cost down exercises, early stage BOM development
- Qualification of new suppliers, supplier development, strategic move from single sourcing approach
- Development of supplier strategies that drive supply chain resilience, DfSC - Design for Supply Chain consideration
- Support NPD /NPI by playing an active role in supplier selection, early supplier engagement, procurement of samples, tooling
- You will look to develop supply chain relationships across – Asia, US and Europe.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of supplier technology and product pipeline, drawing engineers’ attention to these opportunities as soon as possible and facilitating the direct communication between subject matter experts in the company and our suppliers or potential suppliers
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Engineer background – Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Science. Has progressed from Engineer into Technical Procurement/ Supplier development based roles
- Commodities knowledge experience may cover - Plastics, Polymers, HPDE, PEHD or similar materials as well as complex material based assemblies
- Experience in a similar SME/Scaleup based business – hands-on, unstructured at times, has a depth and personal level of resilience that will see consistent delivery in the role
- Industry based manufacturing or product development experience preferably involving complex assemblies and/or plastics transformation
- Proven capabilities in finding and assessing potential suppliers highly regarded
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritising multiple projects
- Well organised, self-motivated, and a genuine team player
- Coordinate technical review of new supplier’s components or materials and lead engineering communications
- Project manage new materials for prototyping and pilot production runs.
- Work closely with product development, production, and quality, to remove cost and improve product outcomes
- Be prepared to travel in a post COVID world, including overseas, as necessary.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830 or 0433 422 518.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.