Our client is a small company situated about 1 hour south of Sydney. They are working with a fast growing and scale-up stage biotech company to deliver high-volume high-quality components for a medical device.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing Australian business with a huge potential to supply to the world with this novel technology.
This role will support the press tooling design and manufacture of components and be integral in developing the end to end processing and quality control for the components and completed assemblies.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Design of sequential Press Tools, tool inserts and components. Press tool setup, operation, and quality monitoring.
- Assembly and fitting of tools in a bench working environment.
- On-going maintenance of Press Tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Manufacture and maintenance of other Tools, including special purpose machinery components, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required.
- Experience in the design and Manufacture of Press Tools, drafting engineering drawings, design of jigs and fixtures and other tooling.
- Of interest, would be experience of Sequential Press tooling or Stage tooling.
- A hands-on approach to all work, willingness to learn new processes, systems and equipment use.
- Trade based background, possible Diploma – Engineering, Design or Manufacturing.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, task orientated with a solution focused approach.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal/written/presentation/relationship building) and the ability to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Self-managing, planning, organising, prioritising and multi-tasking on your own and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Manage priorities and tight timeframes.
- Collaborative and participative team, communication, and relationship skills.
- Effectively work with others to ensure business needs and timelines are met.
- Proven interpersonal, influencing skills and excellent oral and written communications skills.