The Board is establishing a Veteran Affairs and Policy Committee - (paid) to advise and make recommendations to the Board regarding policies, programs and strategic development opportunities aimed at addressing the needs of the veteran community. The Committee will include five (5) members with three (3) of these to be independent non-executive personal. The Committee will meet six (6) times per year with an expectation of some ad-hoc requirements beyond this. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a newly formed committee will bring the voice of the veteran, and their families, to important issues around policy, advocacy, and government relations. We are seeking suitably experienced and qualified candidates to be considered by the Board for appointment.
Beyond relevant Board or Non-Executive Committee experience we are seeking the following:
- Connection to and awareness of the unique issues surrounding Australia’s service men and women
- Experience in the not for profit sector delivering social services such as welfare, advocacy or related disciplines
- Expertise and experience in relevant advocacy, public sector policy and programs, welfare, or related disciplines
- Health, mental health/wellbeing – services and policy
- Government relations, marketing, and communications
- Understanding and experience in best practice corporate governance
- An understanding of the not for profit sector and understanding of the governance and constitutional context within a federated structure will be advantageous
- Member/Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors or Governance Institute of Australia, or similar
- Ability to communicate complex information and issues to a broad audience
- Extensive stakeholder relationship skills and demonstrated ability to create effective working relationships and negotiate with diverse groups
- Demonstrated connection to purpose and a propensity to pursue ‘for purpose’ objectives; passionate about and understands the imperative of improving the quality of life of Australia’s veterans and their families
Applications will close 5:00pm, Friday 30 April 2021.