Food insecurity is a growing issue in Queensland. Foodbank Queensland charity partners report a 24%* increase in the proportion of people seeking food relief. With an additional 34%* of food and groceries required to meet demand, we are challenged to continue to source food and groceries to achieve our vision of a ‘Queensland without hunger’ *Foodbank’s 2019 Hunger Report.
With a refreshed strategic vision, our team is expanding to ensure that no one seeking food relief is turned away because current demand is outstripping supply. To tackle this challenge and improve the lives of food insecure Queenslanders, we are seeking an experienced Volunteer Program Administrator to join our team.
Reporting to the FBQ Volunteer Manager, the Volunteer Program Administrator will take overall responsibility for managing the day to day operations of the FBQ Volunteer Program. The Volunteer Program Administrator will play a key role in coordinating recruitment and selection, engagement and coordination of the organisation’s volunteers.
This is a well-rounded position with a broad scope of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Implementation of volunteer policies and procedures in line with the National Standards
- Ensuring volunteer compliance with relevant personal health, safety, environment policies
- Coordination and selection, recruitment and placement of volunteers across the organisation
- Providing support to line managers in relation to recruitment, mobilisation and resource allocation
- Supporting workforce planning to ensure the volunteer program supports the operational needs of the organisation
- Maintenance of FBQ's volunteer database
To be successful, you will connect deeply with the ethos and purpose of Foodbank Queensland’s mission. You will have previous experience as a volunteer coordination or HR advisor within the not for profit sector and be passionate about customer service. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbally as well as the ability to be adaptable and flexible in your working style.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Applications will be reviewed from Monday 28 September 2020.