Working within a large, friendly HR team based in Brisbane's southern suburbs, you will be responsible for promoting and coordinating stay at work and return to work processes for work and non-work related illness/injury. Key responsibilities will include:
- Negotiate with injured/ill workers, managers, supervisors, medical and allied health providers for the best stay at work or return to work outcome;
- Assist in identifying suitable duties and develop return to work plans in consultation with injured/ill workers, managers, supervisors, medical and allied health providers;
- Provide advice to management and coordinate external services (if required) for modifications required to the work environment for suitable stay at work and return to work outcomes;
- Assist with ergonomic assessments where more complex issues are raised, and to implement effective strategies to assist with the reduction in work related injuries;
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Health & Safety Advisors in the People and Culture Branch on the management of overlapping issues relating to stay at work and return to work processes;
- Work closely with the Workers Compensation and Injury Management Advisor to ensure an understanding of the current case load and to collaborate on the development of effective strategies to improve processes;
- Administer workers compensation claims processes in conjunction with the insurer.
- Educate all levels of an organisation about the return to work process including early intervention strategies;
In return our client can offer a lucrative 7 month contract role within a busy yet friendly HR team, with a possibility of extension beyond the initial term. This is an URGENT requirement, with the role ideally due to commence on 25/11/19 so apply NOW to avoid disappointment.