Under Treasurer | Queensland Treasury
- Ensure a strong economy for all Queenslanders
- Provide collaborative stewardship to drive public sector reform
- Help create jobs, deliver fiscal sustainability, and improve public services
About the opportunity
Have you got what it takes to lead a dynamic central agency and provide collaborative stewardship to drive public sector reform? If this sounds like you, bring your vision and expertise to Queensland Treasury.
As Under Treasurer, you will play a key leadership role in ensuring a strong economy for all Queenslanders, creating jobs, delivering fiscal sustainability, and improving services to the Queensland community.
You will contribute to the Queensland Government objectives for the community built around the Unite and Recover – Queensland’s Economic Recovery Plan.
2020–21 department budget
- Controlled: $493.214 million
- Administered: $39.960 billion
- Controlled: $467.862 million
- Administered: $39.927 billion
Key duties and accountabilities
- Provide strategic leadership that communicates a clear, compelling visionary, value-based leadership, and management to the department.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with stakeholders, understanding their different and competing views, and managing stakeholders with diplomacy and tact.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration and operation of the department, and the performance of its functions.
- Advise and support the Minister to deliver the priorities outlined in the Ministerial Charter Letter relating to Treasury and Investment.
- Administer the various Acts and to further their purposes in implementing the Queensland Government's economic response to COVID-19 through the Unite and Recover: Queensland's Economic Recovery Plan.
- Model ethical behaviour and consistently applying those standards.
- Innovatively problem solve, including making decisions that stand the test of time and are supported by a clear rationale.
What we are looking for
As Under Treasurer, the following key behaviours and values are considered critical to perform in the role.
We will consider how well you:
- stimulate ideas and innovation
- lead change in complex environments
- make insightful decisions
- develop and mobilise talent
- build enduring relationships
- inspire others
- drive accountability and outcomes
- foster healthy and inclusive workplaces
- pursue continuous growth
- demonstrate sound governance.
Interested in applying?
Applicants are encouraged to read the Executive Recruitment Candidate Pack as it contains information to assist with understanding the department’s recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this role, please provide the following information for assessment of your suitability:
- an application cover sheet or covering letter
- a statement, including examples, outlining your suitability for the role by addressing the key attributes under ‘What we are looking for’
- your current resume.
People from diverse backgrounds including culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, women, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 31 May 2021.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION