The Business Development Manager will be the key lead in Grain Grower contact facilitating forward supply arrangement of grain for DBRL Plant and the sale of Co-Products and associated commodities.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Business Development Manager will:
- The development of contractual arrangement with Grain Growers to supply Sorghum on an ongoing and long-term basis to DBRL including the managing of the associated commercial risk.
- The ongoing contact, including Face to Face, with Grain Growers and associated service providers to create a mutually beneficial grain supply arrangement.
- The development of new marketing and sourcing initiatives in the area of Grain procurement.
- Researching and development of new markets and improving sales of DBRL Co-Products and future Value-Add Products
- The identification, securing and growing of a portfolio of Growers and End- User Clients related to the DBRL and United Petroleum businesses.
- The negotiation of Long-Term Supply Contacts for Sorghum
- The securing of Contracts and Spot Sales of Co-Products
- Maintain Client Contact Records (CRM) and follow-up
- Experience in Grain Marketing, Trading or Agribusiness
- A Degree or higher in Agribusiness, Agronomy or Ag Science
- Operational management experience
- An established network and a strong understanding of grain growers including sorghum, barley and wheat within the Darling Downs Region
- Proven ability to build, maintain and grow a portfolio of clients
- A sense of urgency as needed to operate effectively in the agribusiness environment
- High levels of integrity and empathy for the rural sector
- Strategic sales and marketing skills
- Well-developed financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems as well as the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Knowledge about Safety and Safety systems in an agribusiness and industrial operational environment
- The ability to work well with others and the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate across a broad range of technical disciplines
- Flexible and willing to undertake a wide range of duties in the course of daily business
All unsolicited and third-party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.
OnTalent will be closed for the Christmas period from Monday 23 December 2019 until Monday 6 January 2020. All applications made during this time will be reviewed upon our return.