This position reports to the Trading/Logistics Manager for the Dalby Bio-Refinery.
The Business Development Manager will be the key lead in Grain Grower contact facilitating forward supply arrangement of grain for DBRL Plant and the sale of Co-Products and associated commodities.
From an operational and delivery perspective, the Business Development Manager will:
- The development of contractual arrangement with Grain Growers to supply Sorghum on an ongoing and long-term basis to DBRL including the managing of the associated commercial risk.
- The ongoing contact, including Face to Face, with Grain Growers and associated service providers to create a mutually beneficial grain supply arrangement.
- The development of new marketing and sourcing initiatives in the area of Grain procurement.
- Researching and development of new markets and improving sales of DBRL Co-Products and future Value-Add Products
This position reports to the Trading/Logistics Manager for the Dalby Bio-Refinery and works closely with the following –CEO, GM Production and Chief Financial Controller to develop a Grain Grower supply base and to ensure maximum return on the sale of Co-Products.
- The identification, securing and growing of a portfolio of Growers and End- User Clients related to the DBRL and United Petroleum businesses.
- The negotiation of Long-Term Supply Contacts for Sorghum
- The securing of Contracts and Spot Sales of Co-Products
- Maintain Client Contact Records (CRM) and follow-up
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in Business Development and Account Management. You will also possess:
- Experience in Grain Marketing, Trading or Agribusiness
- A Degree or higher in Agribusiness, Agronomy or Ag Science
- Operational management experience
- An established network and a strong understanding of grain growers including sorghum, barley and wheat within the Darling Downs Region
- Proven ability to build, maintain and grow a portfolio of clients
- A sense of urgency as needed to operate effectively in the agribusiness environment
- High levels of integrity and empathy for the rural sector
- Strategic sales and marketing skills
- Well-developed financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems as well as the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Knowledge about Safety and Safety systems in an agribusiness and industrial operational environment
- The ability to work well with others and the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate across a broad range of technical disciplines
- Flexible and willing to undertake a wide range of duties in the course of daily business
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function. Confidential enquiries can be made to Peter Starling, Client Partner on 07 3305 5830.
All unsolicited and third-party applications will be forward to Peter Starling at OnTalent.